ONLY A WORKING SMOKE ALARM CAN HELP SAVE LIVES
For a smoke alarm to remain operational it needs to be maintained.
Just like many other things in our lives, smoke alarms if not maintained, will fail.
If a smoke alarm fails due to lack of maintenance, the cost could be loss of life or property.
The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service
recommend that for smoke alarms to be maintained in working order:
- Smoke alarm batteries are changed at least every year
- Smoke alarms are replaced at the end of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Essential reading, article from The Public Health Association of Australia Read More
Currently we are servicing Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Smoke Alarm Services Provides:
- Maintenance for smoke alarms.
- Supply and install smoke alarms.
- Replace out of date/warranty smoke alarms.
From our experience we have found that a substantial number of smoke alarms fitted in homes have not been maintained, and consequently do not work, putting life and property at risk.
Smoke Alarm Extra Services
- Power Points
- Oven Stove
- Update Main D.Board
- Range Hood, Exhaust Fans
- TV:Phone:Data points
- Circuits Breaker
- Safety Switch
- Hot Water System
Selection of type and positioning of a new smoke alarm is best done by an experienced operator.
In 1997 it became law in Queensland that smoke alarms be fitted to all new residential properties; however there are many older properties that do not have smoke alarms. The state government has announced it will be mandatory for all homes and units to have smoke alarms installed from July 1st 2007 Read More
- Many types of Photoelectric products available.
- A variety of function available depending on price.
- All smoke alarms used by us are Australian Standards Approved.
Lic No 79071
Smoke Alarm Maintenance is about much more than just changing batteries and pressing the ‘test’ button. We do actual smoke tests, take care of Form 9 Entry Notices for tenants, do all of the paperwork you need to be in compliance with legislation, and more!
The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service recommend that a smoke alarm battery be replaced at least once a year… Read More
- Replace battery.
- Clean and check sensor.
- Actual smoke tests,
- Test for correct operation with smoke (Smoke detector tester. ‘Smoke in a can’)
Smoke alarms only have a limited life. It is recommended that they be replaced at the end of the warranty period… http://www.fire.qld.gov.au/communitysafety/smokealarms/maintenance.asp
We are able to replace your original smoke alarm with a new one if it is still available, or replace it with another brand.
For added safety we can also supply fire blankets and fire extinguishers
Smoke Alarm Services are able to attend to your every requirement
- There are some 15,000 residential fires in Australia each year, 170 deaths and 1,500 injuries. Don’t become one of these statistics.
- There are a number of things you can do to ensure your smoke alarm is in working condition. If you do not have a smoke alarm, get one installed immediately.
- Have the battery replaced at least once a year.
- Once a month you should press the test button. The alarm should sound, if the alarm does not sound have the fault rectified immediately.
- Keep them clean. Dust and debris can interfere with their operation.
- Smoke alarms must never be painted.
- Smoke alarms have a limited life. They should be replaced prior to the expiry date on the manufacturer’s warranty. Make a note of the purchase date so you will know when to replace it.
- Have an emergency evacuation plan and practice it. When a fire occurs there is smoke,heat, confusion, panic and fear. This is not the time to be trying to work out how to escape. Have keys to escape route doors or windows close to the door or window so they can easily be unlocked in an emergency.
The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service web site. http://www.fire.qld.gov.au/communitysafety/home/evacuation.asp will show you how to prepare an evacuation plan and has a hoast of other information and tips.